[MS4W-Users] ms4w -> php -> oci -> oracle11

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Tue Oct 11 09:08:04 EST 2011

Christian Porath wrote:

> I installed ms4w 3.0.3 in winserv2008, but I miss all the modules in
> ./ms4w/Apache/php/ext/ , where can I get them (it is php 5.3.6).
>
> Mainly I try to get the oci-lib for Oracle 11g, which must be
> "extension=php_oci8_11g.dll" in php.ini, but I need the module. Is there
> any
> other thing to do or to configure before restarting Apache to get Oracle11
> support in oci-libraries?

Hello Christian,

You are correct that the PHP extension "OCI8" is not compiled for MS4W 3.x
(however MapServer support for Oracle is included, which is described at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#oracle-10g-11g).
You can request to have extensions/enhancements added by filing a ticket in
MS4W's issue tracker:

 - login or create a new account at:
http://bugzilla.maptools.org/query.cgi?GoAheadAndLogIn=1
 - select "New"
 - select "MS4W"
 - in the "Description" section describe your issue as thoroughly as you
can.  If it is about adding an extension or piece of software, then include
build steps if you know them

You can also contact me directly if you require a custom build sooner than
an MS4W release.

And as usual, providing funding for the development of MS4W is always
encouraged as well.

Thank you.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/