[MS4W-Users] Getting blank tiles in google maps

vaibhavgarg vaibhavkumargarg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 09:23:09 EST 2011

Hello everyone,

I havent recieved any replies in few days. Please let me know what more info
i can provide to explain better?

Thanks you.

Original question:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Getting-blank-tiles-in-google-maps-td6746323.html

Getting blank tiles in google maps
Aug 31, 2011; 6:04pm — by   vaibhavgarg
Hi all, I am new to MapServer.

I have downloaded and setup MS4W and was able to overlay the example Bath
and other map data on google maps.

I then created my own .map file using QGIS and supplied my data but the
served tiles are completely blank(transparant or white when I select RGB).

My data set is .GML and I also tried converting it to .SHP format. I have
checked that my setup is ok by doing is on two different computers.

When I use shp2img.exe then it renders the layers properly.
c:\> shp2img.exe -m hampshire.map -o hampshire.png -s 2048 2048

I am using this URL scheme:
http://localhost:8088/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=C:/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/hampshire.map
&layers=HampshireAreas&mode=tile&tilemode=gmap&tile=[x]+[y]+[z]

I have attached all the relevant files. (2 sets, one is .SHP and the other
is .GML, both cases I get transparent empty tiles)

Can anyone please help me identify the reason why the generated tiles are
transparent and how I can fix it.

(7MB total, 1MB pieces, sorry if this is large, I am new to mailing lists
too, please use 7Z to unzip)
SHP: Hampshire.map Hampshire.7z.001 Hampshire.7z.002 Hampshire.7z.003
Hampshire.7z.004 Hampshire.7z.005 Hampshire.7z.006
GML: Hampshire-gml.map Hampshire-gml.7z

Alternate download (zip format, 14mb) http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DAD6SR5P

Thanks you very much.

Vaibhav G