[MS4W-Users] Install on new system issue

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Jul 18 08:03:50 EST 2012

On 7/18/2012 8:26 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
> On 12-07-17 10:56 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> This might be useful to put in a FAQ for MS4W.
>>

> Actually this exact issue has been included in the installation guide
> for many years (see
> http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL.html#i-troubleshooting).
>   There I recommend using "TCPView" to see what ports are used on your
> machine.

Duh! RTFM! And my first issue is kind of there because you talk about a
missing MSVCP71.dll and I suspect that the missing VC++ redistribution
library is similar to this issue except the message was more cryptic and
require some googling to figure it out.

Anyway, Jeff, Thanks for all your work on publishing and supporting this
awesome package for the Windows platform.

Thanks,
   -Steve