[MS4W-Users] Mapcache and ArcGIS clients - any success with bug fix?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jun 4 13:43:22 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

I can update you on the status of MS4W and MapCache.

- MapCache was included in the 3.0.4-dev build.  A significant amount of
time was required to add MapCache into that package (quite a lot of
Apache configuring. testing and debugging, as you can imagine).  This
dev build was created so that the MapServer community can start
experimenting with MapCache.

- MapCache was not included in the stable 3.0.4 release (only the dev
release)

- similarly MapCache was not included in the stable 3.0.6 release

- When MapServer 6.2 is released, all MS4W releases will contain MapCache

- However, if you or your organization would like to help fund my time
to create an updated dev version for the community, or a custom version,
containing MapServer 6.2-dev and MapCache, please do contact me directly.

Thanks for using the MS4W product!

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/