[MS4W-Users] msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error. Parameter pattern validation failed.

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 16:54:48 EST 2012

I have a thread going on the mapserver-users list with the subject
"Regular expression error" and it's beginning to look like my issue
may be Windows specific so it was suggested that I also describe the
problem here.

My mapserver error log file is full of the following errors:
msValidateParameter(): Regular expression error. Parameter pattern
validation failed.
but the same the same map file, same data and same requests to do not
create any log file entries. I'm seeing this only on MS4W builds of
mapserver 6.0.2 and 6.0.3. The maps are drawing correctly and I don't
think the regex is actually incorrect, but each map draw can produce
50 lines of exactly the same error message.

So I guess my first question is - if you are running a mapserver error
log file, are you seeing similar messages?

Thanks,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood