[MS4W-Users] slow access to PostGIS layer

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 08:32:50 EST 2012

I Jeff, thanks for your tips.
I've done some more tests:

1 - OGR works much better then POSTGIS. 2.7s the first against 7.2s the
latter. ????
2 - ogrinfo and psql shows that there aren't significative differences
between the simple SELECT statement, and the one with subquer

the gist index is there, but I've rebuilt it to be sure.
This results are quite alarming, aren't they? I didn't think OGR was so
faster then POSTGIS layers!

giovanni