[MS4W-Users] mapcache - use in older versions of MS4W?

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Mar 22 08:34:23 EST 2012

Hi Mark,

MapCache is quite good.  After several years of me trying other caching
options, that I never could get to work locally well in my Windows
environments (such as Tilecache), MapCache 'just works'.

I did spend about 2 weeks of effort on adding it into the MS4W
environment; because it is an Apache module, I remember having many
issues with Apache dlls, it was very very tricky (some of the hardest
work I have done).  Therefore if you are asking to move the module to
older MS4W versions (and therefore older Apache versions), I just
wouldn't recommend it - MapCache is so new, I'm hesitant to comment here.

-jeff

-
http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/