[MS4W-Users] MS4W 3.0.4-dev MapCache Crash
jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Mar 23 16:01:51 EST 2012
My thoughts are the following:
- I notice from your error log that you have configured Apache for
several other modules as well. I recommend doing a fresh install on a
new machine, don't make any changes at all (to Apache or anything),
except by following the MapCache config steps at
- you can also verify that your Apache mapcache module is loaded through
the Command Prompt, by executing:
- cd into /ms4w/Apache/bin
- httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES
- a list of loaded modules should return (look for a "mapcache_module
- I have just now fired up an Amazon new instance (Windows Server 2008
32-bit) and tested those steps there. No problems. If you want you can
fire up one yourself (I notice that the cost for one hour in the Asia
Pacific region for a Win2008 Server instance is 10cents)
- if Apache in general is giving problems on start, your server might be
missing the "Visual C++ redistributable package"
- there is always a chance that something configured in your local
mapcache.xml file is causing problems
- it is very difficult to debug your server through email. The best
possible scenario is that you contact me directly and we discuss a
Thanks for using the MS4W product. Hopefully these options help you.
MapServer Consulting and Training Services
On 12-03-23 5:13 AM, Keith Moss wrote:
> We've just started to have a play with the new MapCache module in MS4W
> v3.0.4 and it's crashing. MapServer and all of the other parts of MS4W are
> fine though. This was a fresh install of MS4W, not an upgrade.
> The eventlog has the following application error:
> Faulting application httpd.exe, version 184.108.40.206, time stamp 0x4e6a3015,
> faulting module mod_mapcache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4f396f6e,
> exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00003044, process id 0xd34,
> application start time 0x01cd08c9e7bfedfa.
> This occurs upon trying to access http://localhost/mapcache/demo/.
> We're trying to run it on Windows Server 2008 32-bit SP2.
> The only difference in our config is that we're running it off of e:\ms4w,
> not c:\ms4w.
> Let us know if there's any more information you need.
More information about the MS4W-Users