[MS4W-Users] MS4W 3.0.4-dev MapCache Crash

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Mar 23 16:01:51 EST 2012

Hello Keith,

My thoughts are the following:

- I notice from your error log that you have configured Apache for
several other modules as well.  I recommend doing a fresh install on a
new machine, don't make any changes at all (to Apache or anything),
except by following the MapCache config steps at
http://www.maptools.org/ms4w/index.phtml?page=README_INSTALL_dev.html#g-mapcache-apache-module

- you can also verify that your Apache mapcache module is loaded through
the Command Prompt, by executing:

  - cd into /ms4w/Apache/bin
  - httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES
  - a list of loaded modules should return (look for a "mapcache_module
(shared)"

- I have just now fired up an Amazon new instance (Windows Server 2008
32-bit) and tested those steps there.  No problems.  If you want you can
fire up one yourself (I notice that the cost for one hour in the Asia
Pacific region for a Win2008 Server instance is 10cents)

- if Apache in general is giving problems on start, your server might be
missing the "Visual C++ redistributable package"
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29

- there is always a chance that something configured in your local
mapcache.xml file is causing problems

- it is very difficult to debug your server through email.  The best
possible scenario is that you contact me directly and we discuss a
support package.

Thanks for using the MS4W product.  Hopefully these options help you.

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/