[MS4W-Users] Image 24 Bit

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Nov 23 14:19:49 EST 2012

On 12-11-23 11:57 AM, José Pedro Santos wrote:
> Dear Jeff,
>
> When I was retriving the GetCapabilities I realise this:
>
> <Format>image/png</Format><Format>image/jpeg</Format><Format>image/gif</Format><Format>image/png;
> mode=8bit</Format>
>
> So, the mode is 8bit format so don't allow images from 24bits.
>
> How can I change this?
>
> Best Regards,
> José Santos

Hello José,

I don't have your file to test, but here are some thoughts:

- is your source image file actually 24 bit?  (what does gdalinfo return?)
- I am guessing you have reviewed the Raster Document very closely for
24bit Rendering
(http://www.mapserver.org/input/raster.html#bit-rgb-rendering).  It
states there that "Currently rendering of 24bit imagery is only
supported via the GDAL renderer. The built-in PNG, JPEG and other
drivers do not support 24bit input images."
- I would therefore test (if I were you) using different GDAL
OUTPUTFORMATs (DRIVER "GDAL/PNG" or "GDAL/GTiff" etc etc)

-jeff

http://www.gatewaygeomatics.com/