[MS4W-Users] MS4W and PHP_OGR extension

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Oct 11 07:51:06 EST 2012

On 12-10-08 1:22 PM, Thomas RAFFIN wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know where to find informations about PHP_OGR extension
> included in MS4W.
>
> My problem is about missing functions compared with C/C++ API concerning
> OGRSpatialReference (no way to create one from text / EPSG code / ...).

Hi Thomas,

Here are some notes regarding the PHP_OGR extension in MS4W:

- on your localhost page (the MS4W starting page) there should be a
section listed there on "OGR/PHP Extension".  Click on the
"documentation" link beside that for more info.

- MS4W version 3.0.6 contains 'php_ogr.dll' that was compiled against
PHP 5.4.3 and GDAL 1.9.1

- the reality is that this extension is not really maintained (or
modified for each GDAL release); so I am not surprised to hear that
there are some missing functions etc. You can in fact checkout or
contribute changes to the extension through anonymous CVS such as:

 % cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot login
   Password: <enter>

 % cvs -d :pserver:cvsanon at cvs.maptools.org:/cvs/maptools/cvsroot co php_ogr

I hope this information helps a little.