[MS4W-Users] TinyOWS update?

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu Feb 28 19:06:44 EST 2013

Excellent!

With older versions the TinyOWS layer [service] name was the same as the
PostGIS table name, and since OWS does not allow underscores in the
protocol, my table names could not have underscores.  I see that v1.1
now has a "table" object in the layer definition, so that problem should
be gone.

   But the real show-stopper was a bug (?) preventing the inserts of new
features (only editing of existing features worked). Hopefully that is
fixed (I didn't see an entry for it in the issue tracker).  Looking back
in the TinyOWS-users mailing list I see that there was some discussion
in December 2011 with the solution to re-order the columns of the
PostgreSQL table so the geometry column was the last one (weird!).

Best Regards,
Brent Fraser