[MS4W-Users] How to upgrade php and openssl versions?

sharat sharat at firstcall.net
Tue Jul 23 14:01:24 EST 2013

Hi,

I'm currently using the MS4W - version 3.0-beta11.

It has PHP 5.3.2 and OpenSSL 0.9.8m

Symantec web security has been warning me of critical vulnerabilities and
pointed out these 2 versions as the reason. Saying I need to update them,
etc etc. And the clients have been complaining too.

I have 2 questions here.

1. How do I fix this issue?
2. If i have to update PHP and OpenSSL, how do i do it without effecting the
proper functioning of my mapserver? (Coz PHP and OpenSSL have been part of
the MS4W package)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sharat