[MS4W-Users] msWMSLoadGetMapParams(): Image handling error. Unsupported output format (image/png; bits=8)

Robert R. Raiz raizrobert at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 00:59:37 EST 2013

Hello all,

I've been using the following OUTPUTFORMAT with mapserver 6:

  IMAGETYPE png

OUTPUTFORMAT
NAME "png8"
DRIVER AGG/PNG8
MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=8bit"
EXTENSION "png"
TRANSPARENT ON
IMAGEMODE RGBA
FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_FORCE=off"
FORMATOPTION "QUANTIZE_COLORS=256"
FORMATOPTION "INTERLACE=ON"
END

It works with vector data but it does a really bad job in rendering PIXMAP
SYMBOLS, png files.
No matter what other settings I tried in the OUTPUTFORMAT, I get the same
error as stated in the subject field.

I tried every example from the documentation but anything else than what I
have above, gives me that error.

Back in Mapserver5 I was using:

       IMAGETYPE png24
OUTPUTFORMAT
 NAME 'AGGA'
 DRIVER 'AGG/PNG'
 IMAGEMODE RGBA
 MIMETYPE "image/png"
 EXTENSION "png"
END
It rendered everything ok but this does not work anymore as well.

Can you help me out in trying to fix this as to display everything smooth?

Thank you,
--
*Raiz Roland Robert*