[MS4W-Users] Partial upgrades to ms4w environment

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 22:25:25 EST 2013

If you are just using straight CGI it's not too hard. If you are using php
mapscript it is much harder because of the version dependencies between php
and the mapscript.dll.

If you are only using CGI I'd suggest installing apache from a standard
distribution. And if you need php, install it from a standard distro. And
then copy the MS4W cgi-bin contents into the new apache cgi-bin, or a
mapserv version of your choice from http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/.

If you are using php mapscript then I can't offer any useful advise (except
to switch to Linux!).

Rich

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Theobald, Charles <
charles.theobald at ncdenr.gov> wrote:

> Is it possible to upgrade PHP and/or Apache without upgrading the
> mapserver itself?  I would like to have the flexibility to upgrade
> components of ms4w without having to upgrade the entire installation.
>
> Thanks
>

> Charles Theobald
> NC Division of Water Resources
> charles.theobald at ncdenr.gov
> 919-707-9136
> *E-mail correspondence to and from this address may be subject to the
> North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com
www.greenwoodmap.com