[MS4W-Users] MapServer 7 and MS4W? (Jos? Santos)

Passmore, James H. jpass at bgs.ac.uk
Thu Aug 27 13:05:22 EST 2015

>    1.  RE: MapServer 7 and MS4W? (Jos? Santos)
>
> Dear?Mark Volz,
> Probably you will have a reply saying if you want a new version you should
> pay!! its always like this with the founder of MS4W...just check the previous
> answers from this mailing list and you will see...no support! Currently I use
> GeoServer much better and at least they don?t ask for money like this guy
> every time that someone ask something or even for help!!!
> Regards,Pedro

Of course the valid argument here is that somebody does ultimately have to pay for software development even if we as users you don't generally notice, and this is true of GeoServer too. I have certainly seen threads on the GeoServer-users list or the issue tracker that suggest paying a developer to do the work would be a speedy way of getting  a solution...

Cheers

James