[OSRS-PROJ] Debian package for proj

Peter S Galbraith GalbraithP at dfo-mpo.gc.ca
Thu Jun 1 12:47:38 EDT 2000

Hello,

I discovered this revival of proj about 5 minutes ago, following
links from a slashdot story from two days ago about
remotesensing.org.

I have been using proj for a few years to produce maps of various
projections and like it very much.  I'm very happy to see it
continued.

This is a note to inform you that I packaged proj for Debian
GNU/Linux last October.  See:

  http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/math/proj.html
  http://www.debian.org/Packages/unstable/doc/proj-ps-doc.html

I will shortly update the package to proj-4.4.1 (now that I know
of its existance).

The original docs were in PostScript format, and I see that they
are now in PDF.  Has the content changed?  I wonder if I need to
update the Debian proj-ps-doc package.

Thanks,

Peter a.k.a. <psg at debian.org>
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP at dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada