[OSRS-PROJ] PROJ 4.4.1

Frank Warmerdam warmerda at home.com
Mon Mar 27 11:23:51 EST 2000

Folks,

I have corrected problems with PROJ 4.4.0 's install logic. It wasn't
installing the data files from proj/nad.

In the past these files were installed into /usr/local/lib/proj.4, but using
the default Automake install rules data goes into /usr/local/share/proj.  Does
anyone think this will be a problem?  I am not finding it easy to change
automake's idea of what should happen!

I have also fixed src/Makefile.{in,am} so that PROJ_LIB is defined with the
data path.

The COPYING file has been updated to include an MIT style license.  I would
prefer to not use the LGPL for fear of causing problems with the OGDI users
of PROJ.4 who have been releasing under a non-LGPL OpenSource license.

I have also added a few more links and things to the web page.

I haven't prepared a new tar file yet.  Let me know if someone needs it.