[OSRS-PROJ] Goode projection discrepancy

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Wed Oct 4 20:13:44 EDT 2000

The seam between Sinusoidal and Mollweide is where the scales are equal
I suppose the 40:44:11.8 is a little more accurate than the 40:44 that the
original sources from Snyder but who cares.  The typical scale of Goode
is so small that 11.8" ain't goin to make much difference!

The Y correction is because the two projections do not produce the same
y value at 40:44.  Equitorial-Polar aspect varies between
pseudocylindricals.

Beware, there are at least two versions of Goode's interuptions.  Also,
there are
gores that duplicate regions.  Almost impossible to make an automatic
version.
Take a look at one of Goode's atlases.

Interrupted projections are a nightmare to automate!

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden