[OSRS-PROJ] Support for Transverse Mercator south-oriented projection.

Gerald I. Evenden gevenden at capecod.net
Wed Sep 20 11:04:42 EDT 2000

Without my having to dig out my references out, is the sign of the northing
increase
in a positive manner as the latitude increases southerly?

Logical use of TM would dictate that the normal TM projection is used with a
false northing sufficiently far south to make the "zone" of interest still
positive in
the northing values.  To do otherwise is most illogical, to say the least.

Also: "westing?"  Is that positive also?

My, my, I'm getting the idea that being "down under" has drained all the
blood from the head to the other end.  But the Ausies don't seem to have
this problem.

Jerry Evenden and the Low Riders, Katie and  Daisy May
gevenden at capecod.net  http://www.capecod.net/~gevenden