[OSRS-PROJ] da, df

Gerald I. Evenden vze2hc4d at verizon.net
Sun Aug 5 16:16:57 EDT 2001

I didn't mean to be obscure and was only commenting on the d f/a parameters
and the factor that it appears that the *reason* that they used this novel form
was that fewer bytes of storage were required to save the list of ellipsoid parameters
in this form as compared to the full specification of each f and a.

20-30 years ago, when computer memory was a scarce resource we would go
to great lengths such as this differential method but I would not bother now.

If there is any criticism, it is solely directed against the coders of the  GPS recievers.