[OSRS-PROJ] Error when forward projection with a polar stereo graphic projecti on.. Please help.

Ray Bryan E 2Lt 314 OSS/OSW bryan.ray at littlerock.af.mil
Fri Dec 6 11:34:42 EST 2002

Frank,

Thanks for your help.  Everything seems to work now.  As for the false
easting and northing numbers...  I was just using these as a test to input.

Let me see if I'm straight on this.  False easting and northing is nothing
more than an adjustment on the x,y plain?  So, if I'm going to make
adjustments to fit screen x,y I will use this method?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm new to GIS/Projection type stuff.  I
have a steep learning curve.  I'm trying to draw a Polar Stereographic map
of the US by reading a map file that contains lat/lon coastal data. I'm
running input lat/lon data from the file through Proj4 and trying to get
screen x,y to draw my coastal lines etc...  I have done this with a mercator
projection and it was fairly simple.  I hope for the same by using Proj4.

Thanks for your input!
Bryan