[OSRS-PROJ] CBuilder and Delphi

Alexander Weidauer alex.weidauer at huckfinn.de
Wed Jul 24 08:03:10 EDT 2002

AYDIN ERTURK wrote:

>Hi,
>Thank you for your answer.
>I downloaded prod.dll and projapi and i modified testproj (for Delphi)
>applivation.
>So it worked.
>But i could not understand the results.
>I want to do that I have radar data and center point langitude and latitude
>are known.
>How can convert pixel to geographic coordinate by using proj4 lib.
>
>Regards

Hi Aydin,

I don't know how how your project is defined and how your transformation
jobflow works.
The porj library gives you the possibility to transfor coordinates
between  catrographic/geographic
and geodestic datums (like longitude latitude to a plain coordinate
system). If you have a "user
coordinate system" like a image or a local location measurement you have
to reference this system to
one of  in your background laying geographic coordinate systems (p.h.a
satellite image will be
referenced and resampled to a UTM map datum).  After this operation you
can determin the geodestic
coordinates.

If you use direct polar coordinates like in geophysical applications
(earthquake location, satellite positions or
positions of air planes) you can use Great Circla Calculations (..see
geod in the proj project or
function geodetic in uCoordinates).

To answer your questions more exactly I need more informations about
your problem.

Bye Alex