[OSRS-PROJ] Re: Older Stateplane Definitions

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Jul 25 16:49:48 EDT 2002

 > Here are the ESRI coordinate projections as extracted from the online
 > list of projections provided in their ArcIMS reference manual. I have
 > taken the WKT definitions from ESRI and passed them through OGR to get
 > the proj4 equivalents (no matter how hard you try, you keep coming back
 > to Frank). They seem pretty complete.

Paul,

I have committed them to CVS, and they will appear in the next PROJ.4
release installed as "esri" similarly to "epsg".  To use them use
something like:

+init=esri:26929

 > They also included a set of
 > "NAD_1983_HARN_StatePlane" definitions, which I cannot understand, not
 > knowing what 'HARN' is. :/

HARN is some sort of higher resolution survey of NAD83.  I think there
are NADCON type grid shift files for HARN where available.

Later,