[OSRS-PROJ] Proj4 documentation

Mike Schmidt mike at sepia.com
Sat Jun 15 14:48:17 EDT 2002

Hello,

With Frank Warmerdam's kind permission, and after some email exchanges with
Gerald Evenden, I have volunteered to take over the documentation for
Proj4. Sadly, this does not mean there will be a new manual tomorrow, or
even the next day. It will take me some time to gather and integrate all
the current information. With a little luck, I hope to have something in
place by the fall. The new documentation sources will be placed in the
proj4 cvs, and will therefore be accessible to everyone. The intent is to
produce pdf output, probably html, and possibly xml. The exact toolset that
will be used is not definite yet. I am not planning any translations from
English at this point. You will be welcome and even encouraged to volunteer
to translate once the originals are in CVS.

I welcome all your suggestions, comments, etc. Please email me at the
address below or email this list, clearly indicating in the subject line
that your message is for the proj4 documentation. Please don't mix
documentation comments with other types of comments, I may miss them in
that case.

Thanks very much,

Mike

Mike Schmidt                        Systèmes Scientifiques SEPIA
President                              SEPIA Scientific Systems
Tel: 450-358-2266                  100 Richelieu, suite 2000
Fax: 450-358-2267                 Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
e-mail: mike at sepia.com        Québec, Canada J3B 6X3
http://www.sepia.com             http://www.intello.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s)
To reply to our email administrator directly, select the following
<mailto:postmaster at sepia.com>