[OSRS-PROJ] Donald Elliptic Projection for AT&T V&H Coordinates?

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Nov 29 20:19:00 EST 2002

It sounds like I unknowingly upset someone.  I appogize.

Secondly, I did not suggest "improvements" only a method of skinning a cat.

Thirdly, I *always* verify code provided these is a method or data to campare
with.  Most programmers do (I hope).  At the moment I am unaware of the
whole math picture of the Donald projection and/or any data to compare
results with.  So nothing is happening on my watch.

Speaking of errors, when I was first working on projection software I too had
problems resolving the differences between my software and existing data.  It
turned out to be US engineering foot versus the International foot.

In your example, the French were obviously in error and should have
been gracious enough to correct their maps.  :-)