[OSRS-PROJ] Projection parameters for Italian old IGM?

Bud P. Bruegger bud at sistema.it
Tue Apr 29 13:20:59 EDT 2003

Thanks, Clifford, for answering.  I don't believe that the projection
of the map I'm working with (possibly as opposed to what I stated in
the PS. of my post).  is Gauss-Boaga, however.  At least the grid
printed on the map is stated to be UTM, zone 32, international
ellipsoid and European Datum of 1950.  While the longitudes printed on
the map are west of Rome (M.Mario), that should not affect the
projection (unless I misunderstand something here).

Actually, the map prints the Gauss-Boaga coordinates of the map
corners and they seem to differ from the desired UTM coordinates in
the range of about 200 meters.  (For numbers, see my other response to
the list).

All this applies to my actual problem with an old series 1:25000 IGM
(the Italian mapping agency) map.  What you said may well apply to the
more detailed data that I listed in the P.S. of my post.  (Although
I didn't think so--but obviously I must go wrong somewhere...).

many thanks and I hope the additional information in the other reply
to the list allows to find a solution!

cheers
--bud