[OSRS-PROJ] orthographic projection with proj4 and mapserver.

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Thu Aug 14 11:03:17 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 10:21, Judd Taylor wrote:
> [...]

~1.4m points seems like overkill for global maps.  I use a 5+k file to
do most of the small global plots on the PROJ.4 documentation.  If the
figure really fills a page I might go to a 50+k file.  Doing work for a
PC screen shouldn't need more than a 5k point file.

I am only talking here about coast line data

PS, many times I only use every third point of a 5k pt. file.
Gerald I. Evenden <gerald.evenden at verizon.net>