[OSRS-PROJ] orthographic projection with proj4 and mapserver.
neteler at itc.it
Thu Aug 14 11:36:03 EDT 2003
On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:27:58AM -0400, Gerald I. Evenden wrote:
> 3. Anyone know of current "erosion" programs? Programs that remove
> points from a coastline file based on the complexity of the
> coastline itself. 15 years ago I had a couple of reasonable
> procedures but have since lost them.
Yes, the GSHHS project provides such code:
"/* @(#)gshhs_dp.c 1.1 05/18/99
* gshhs_dp applies the Douglas-Peucker algorithm to simplify a line
* segment given a tolerance. The algorithm is based on the paper
* Douglas, D. H., and T. K. Peucker, Algorithms for the reduction
* of the number of points required to represent a digitized line
* of its caricature, Can. Cartogr., 10, 112-122, 1973.
* The impmementation of this algorightm has been kindly provided by
* Dr. Gary J. Robinson, Environmental Systems Science Centre,
* University of Reading, Reading, UK
* Paul Wessel, 18-MAY-1999
* Version: 1.1 Added byte flipping
* 1.2 Explicit binary read for DOS. POSIX compliance
Markus Neteler <neteler at itc.it> http://mpa.itc.it
ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
MPBA - Predictive Models for Biol. & Environ. Data Analysis
Via Sommarive, 18 - 38050 Povo (Trento), Italy
PROJ.4 Discussion List
See http://www.remotesensing.org/proj for subscription, unsubscription
and other information.
More information about the Proj