[OSRS-PROJ] Orthographic Projections and MapServer

Bart Adriaanse B at rt.nl
Thu Aug 21 16:12:35 EDT 2003

Gerald,

No flames, just comments, and wishfull thinking...

Being a typical user who knows what a projection is and how to work with
them, but prefers to use a tool like Proj or the GIS at hand rather then
even attempt to do my own this is mostly wishfull thinking i suppose.

I can see clearly now there seems to be no simple solution, you opened my
eyes to realize expecting Proj to deal with this is not realistic, i mean
how would it anticipate on me drawing a polygon or polyline, or maybe even a
transparent globe where points beyond the horizon show through half
transparently ;-)

I guess you're right...

So my comment would boil down to simply the need to be able to find out
which points of a polyline processed by pj_forward were over the horizon,
from what i understand by now i could process the points one by one and
assess the return code, right ?

Best regards,

Bart Adriaanse
www.demis.nl