[OSRS-PROJ] Lambert Conformal Conic 1SP

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Feb 8 16:17:12 EST 2003

My only comment at the moment is that I am surprised that no scale
parameter was used as that is usually the compensating factor for
using the tangential form versus the secant form.

Since I finally got ol' PROJ on my system a month or so ago I will
have to load it in and give your numbers a try.

Obviously, a couple of meters is not tolerable in any situation.

Bench mark data set are important provided they are well certified
by a *large* number of knowledgeable cartographers.  Unfortunately,
I have come across few such sets.