[OSRS-PROJ] Problem with projecting 180,90 using Mercator

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Jul 1 21:08:51 EDT 2003

One VERY simple part of the problem: Mercator projection will not
project data at the Poles---latitude +-90 degrees.

The results are at an infinite distance from the equator.  Sorry.

If you need full global coverage select something like Miller or
for less distortion one of the pseudocylindricals.  Or if you
insist on Mercator reduce the latitude range to +-85 degrees.

--
Gerald I. Evenden <gerald.evenden at verizon.net>