[OSRS-PROJ] lib call results differ from exec results

Sharon Mingus dsmingus at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 19:19:11 EDT 2003

--- Karl Swartz <karl at kls2.com> wrote:
> > The system you are using must be loaded with some
> odd macros
> > so as to interpret things like:
> >
> > projXY xy;    ????
> >
> > Hmmm, A storage declaration, maybe, but I've never
> seen one in
> > the middle of a block but, then again, I can't
> find a rule that
> > they can't be.
>
> It's not legal in C, but it is in C++. and a C++
> compiler can compile a
> C program.
>
>  -- Karl
> and other information.

projXY is the return type of pj_fwd as defined in
proj_api.h:

projXY pj_fwd(projLP, projPJ);

so I'm just sticking with the types provided.  They're
all the same anyway I guess XY, UV, projUV, projXY,
projLP, etc. through defines.  This leads me to
another question: is there any api documentation or
examples?

Still there's the question of the pj_fwd results being
different than the proj exe results.  Now I'm not sure
if these parameters make sense, but I figured since
they're the same, they should result in equal values.
So the new test is:

echo "-110.969,39.7621" | ./proj +proj=aea
+ellps=clrk66 +lat_1=20.0n +lat_2=60.0n +lon_0=110w
+lat_0=40n
-122731.33      -4386453.20,39.7621

$ ./proj_test -110.969 39.7621
FWD -7043726.8331, 4640224.1375

where the modified code with new proj parameters is:

       char *parms[] = {
                "proj=aea",
                "ellps=clrk66",
                "lat_1=20.0n",