[OSRS-PROJ] Oblique Stereographic

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Mar 4 22:44:58 EST 2003

I think I make a statement earlier today that I was on a roll.
Well as of this evening the forward for the alternate
Oblique Stereographic checks with the EPSG bench mark.

After checking with the general description from EPSG and one
of Snyder's books, the projection looked like another variation
on the work I did on Krovak.  So being a good thief I copied
the Krovak over, replaced the conic with the spherical
oblique stereographic from Snyder and ... .

I think there might be a general routine here, like the oblique
stuff in libproj that will do the conformal sphere transform and
then call the spherical projection of your choice.  Hey, you folks
can cook up a bunch of new projections and give them names of
your choice.

Time to pull the switch and get ready for the "Daily Show."