[OSRS-PROJ] ESRI File

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Mar 6 19:49:06 EST 2003

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> The ugrly compromise would be to just pretend the esri domain does not
> exist at all and dump their spare ids into the epsg file. Also dump all
> the half-assed temporary ids in there too, like the canadian lambert
> and the bc albers ids.  The way it would be one stop shopping, no line,
> no waiting.

I know it's bad in theory to do so, but we do distribute those flavours
of combined files on our download site for those who want their
MapServer-based WMS clients to talk to other canadian WMS servers, or to
ESRI WMS servers.

If anyone needs them, the following files can be used as replacements
for the default 'epsg' file:

Base EPSG + a few custom canadian codes (42101, 42304, ...):
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx.zip

Same as above plus the list of ESRI codes that you sent earlier:
http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/mapserver/dl/proj4-epsg-with-42xxx-and-esri.zip

Note that we do not want to encourage use of those canadian and ESRI
EPSG codes in WMS servers, we just provide them to allow WMS clients to
talk to servers that use those codes.

Daniel
 Daniel Morissette               morissette at dmsolutions.ca