[OSRS-PROJ] New projection routines??

Gerald I. Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Mar 8 09:53:19 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-07 at 23:06, Paul Selormey wrote:
> Hello Gerald,
> Hmmm...never heard of MAPGEN and PLOTGEN, have used GNUPlot a
> lot in the past.
> I hope you will do the plotting routine in C to make it portable to other
> platforms too :-)

I'm too old to use C++ and not old enough to have a second childhood
with FORTRAN, so I do everything is in C.  As for the routines that
do the figure plotting, they are what I call "ad hoc programs."
Something that stays in my desk drawer and is definitely unsuitable
for underage viewing.  This is a family news group.
> What is the format of the original documentations (before converted to
> the pdf)? Can this be released to the public?

The man files were necessarily in [r|t]roff but all other documentation
is in LaTeX.

As for their release...Mike knows it was like pulling teeth to
get them out of me.  The whole setup is very chaotic and not
suitable for public distribution.