[OSRS-PROJ] proj-4.4.6 can't find epsg

Leah Roderman elrod at oaktownunderground.com
Fri Mar 14 01:53:08 EST 2003

Hello, I'm running into a problem with proj-4.4.6 not finding the epsg file. I am using proj4 with MapServer 3.6.4 on RedHat8.0, and compiled proj4 (using gcc 3.2) first with default option, and then MapServer (using gcc 2.95). From what I've read, everything is located where it should be, so I'm wondering what I missed.

The error is produced by using the term "init=espg:102003" in a MapServer projection layer. This epsg code corresponds to Albers NAD83 in the epsg file. Output to browser is "msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2"

MapServer says it recognizes proj4:

# cgi-bin/mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.6.4 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

system knows proj:

# which proj
/usr/local/bin/proj
# /usr/local/bin/proj -v