[OSRS-PROJ] Threadsafe question...

Judd Taylor judd at seas.marine.usf.edu
Fri May 16 13:05:01 EDT 2003

Hello,
    I'm new to the list and pretty new to Proj4 in general, so just let me
know if I offend any etiquette of which I'm unaware.

    I've just finished writing an interface to the Proj4 library for Perl's
PDL (Perl Data Language). The way I use the interface it to call pj_fwd on
each value in large arrays (usually 1354x1010). Given that there are no data
dependancies in the calculations, I'd like to multi-thread the interface to
squeeze more performance out of our SMP machines. Is the C API to Proj4
threadsafe?

Thanks,
    Judd Taylor

Judd Taylor