[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Stereographic Projection

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Apr 3 10:11:37 EST 2004

With many thanks to D.C. Agnew of UCSD, libproj4 now has a Roussilhe
projection based upon the 1922 specifications.

There remain a few nuances that force me to hit upon a friend to
translate
a few sections to check accuracy details.  At the moment, I feel that
the
projection is supposed to be accurate to one centimeter at 560km from
the
origin.

This is a purely an oblique/equitorial projection and cannot be used in
polar form.  Usage is identical to the other two forms of stereographic
except: "+proj=rouss."

Lastly, given all the previous definitions for Roussilhe Stereographic
I cannot guarantee that this is the projection used by some European
countries.  It is merely what what was described by M.H. Roussilhe
in 1922.

I will update the web site with a new library release in a couple days.