[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Stereographic Projection

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at pf.pl
Mon Apr 5 16:57:47 EDT 2004

Great to hear about the progress in the 'rouss' projection!
It would be graet if Frank Wanderman could find time to port some
of the new projections including 'rouss' to his proj.4 as he mentioned
once.

Gerald Evenden wrote:

> 1. +proj=sterea and +proj=rouss compare quite closely and the former
>     could be used by those with current libraries to handle Polish grids
>     if  their accuracy needs are not in the cm. range.
>
> 2. +proj=stere (of GCTP fame) produces larger differences and also has
>     slightly larger scale errors.

circa how big are the differences then?
can you tell if it's the same 'stere' projection as in the Grass 5.03?
(the 'sterea' is not available in Grass at all)

BTW:
I didn't manage to access the base line documentation for the 'System 1965'
grid or the Esri software. But I got software for converting coordinates
between Polish grids provided by Polish government geodetic department.
Among the output options there are called 'blh Krasowski' and 'blh GRS80'.
If you think that any could be an appropriote tool for benchmarking your
'rouss' let me know how many points I should convert for each '1965' zone to
make it well. There is an 'xyz' output for Krass and GRS as well.

Maciek Sieczka