[Proj] OT: Geotrans's Neys Projection - Modified Lambert Conformal Conic

proj-admin at remotesensing.org proj-admin at remotesensing.org
Mon Apr 19 15:40:52 EDT 2004

The only gotcha might seem to be the near polar spec of one of the
secant latitudes at 89d59'59 but [l]proj seems to handle this OK.  In
fact,
one can spec it to 59.999" and still not blow it; but 90d even does
cause
failure.  This does not mean that all is OK in the computations due to
possible loss of significance or other computational hassles.

The spec is not perfect as there is a gore that is about 12km wide
opposite
the CM.  That is, the cone is not closed.

It would be interesting to compare the scale error with the polar
stereographic
which, IMHO, would be the preferred projection.

I can see why this is not mentioned anywhere else.