[Proj] To proj elist administrator

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Apr 20 09:57:41 EDT 2004

proj-admin at remotesensing.org wrote:
> The old mechanism for handling this email list had the nice habit of
> putting the
> senders name as the "from" field so that one could see from the mail
> handler
> who sent the email from the message list.  Now, all I see is the subject
> and
> proj-admin at ... as the author.
>
> Unless the author of the message has a signature line we would not
> know who sent the message.
>
> Similarly, if one wants to send a message directly to the sender the
> address
> of the originator is not available.

Gerald,

I had turned on the option to "hide" the email addresses in mailman, which
is what is causing this behaviour, in order to make it harder for spammers
to harvest email addresses from the online archives.   However, I find it
as annoying as you do, and have disabled the option for now.  What I really
want is good email hiding in the archive not on the active list, but I am not
sure how to accomplish that.