[Proj] Geod: I need a little guide

Paul Selormey paul at toolscenter.org
Sun Apr 25 19:33:56 EDT 2004

Hello My Prof,
Thanks for the information. After reading the sources in the
Geotrans, I searched the internet and got a lot of information
on this.
I thought proj4 was doing a similar thing with the geod program,
and also, there is a point somewhere in the proj4 docs that if you
pass in a 3-point, there is conversion of the Z and so I thought, it
was geoid conversion being applied there.

Again, thanks for the information and the support.

Any information of the format of the binary file for the geoid-ellipsoid
height conversion in the Geotrans, "egm96.grd"?

Best regards,
Paul.