[OSRS-PROJ] Rectified Skew Orthomorphic...

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Feb 6 15:21:23 EST 2004

Sorry to be slow in finishing this problem but still in the process of
trying
to resolve the loose ends in this muddy projection.

PJ_omerc reproduces test values for the EPSG #7 example and
a variety of comparisons with GCTP.  I am satisfied that the procedure
is functioning properly.

However, resolving the documentation has not been so easy.
I am being careful that the doc math agrees with what the software
does.  The major problem is that EPSG #7 threw me off several times
and I am now fairly certain that some parts of it are wrong---even
though the example does compute.

Additional test were made with numbers for the Borneo RSO kindly
provided by Godkin.  PJ_omerc agreed within a few centimeters with
Godkin's number but the errors were random in sign and magnitude
  and indicated to me that there was a precision problem with the
computation of his values rather than an  algorithmic difference that
would have yielded more consistent deviations.

I would like to make trials with other data.

Secondly, is there a contact with EPSG that is involved with
preparing #7.  I think we should get together on this issue.

I did run into a data base supposedly from EPSG that listed proj
options for both Borneo and Malaya but while both included
azimuth "alpha" neither included the required "gamma_c."