[OSRS-PROJ] Rectified Skew Orthomorphic...EPSG

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Sat Feb 7 13:30:57 EST 2004

An additional insight on the Hotine.

Axis rotation point may also vary.  In Alaska and Borneo the point of
axis rotation is at the map's central point (lonc, phi_0).  In the case
of the Malayan system, rotation looks to be at the aposphere
equator and lambda_0.

Thus it appears that I need to reestablish the +no_uoff option of
the old PJ_omerc---Malaya was apparently the reason it was there.
I believe I will change the name of the option because the uoff
part is not that clear without reading the math.

I presume nobody in this group is using it nor even aware of it
presence.  :-)