[OSRS-PROJ] Uk Grid projection

Tim Sutton t.sutton at reading.ac.uk
Tue Feb 17 06:57:05 EST 2004

Hi

I have two questions:

1) I would like to convert  coordinates from UK National Grid to lat/long.
>From the proj manual and ordinance survey information, I calculate the input
projection definition to be:

+proj=tmerc +lat_0=49n +lon_0=2w +k=0.9996012717 +ellps=airy +a=677563.396
+b=6356256.910

How would I specify that I want the output coordinates to be in lat/long using
proj on the command line.?

2) Is there a simple 'hello world' c++ example that demonstrates the libproj
programmatic interface, as I need to do the above process programmatically.

I am woking on suse linux 9.0

Many Thanks

Regards
--
Tim Sutton
BDWorld Middleware Programmer

Web     :   www.bdworld.org
Phone  :   +44-(0)118-378-6052
Email    :   t.sutton [at] reading.ac.uk
(email preferred method of correspondence)