[OSRS-PROJ] EPSG_v65

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Tue Feb 17 21:59:47 EST 2004

First of all, I would not contaminate PROJ.4 with any data base
system (other than what it already has with ellipsoid references, etc.).
I was only looking for a convenient relational data base system
as a source for proj parameters.  Everything so far is pretty much
been the flat file approach.

I also understand the hassles related with ellipsoids and datum
specs but it would seem like simpler cases such as Alaska
Zone 1 for NAD83 and NAD27 ought to cough up the ellipsoid.

Yes, I agree that there are errors within the system.  I have found
one code that points nowhere but does seem to contain a projection
code.

The system did cough up the projection parameters for Malaysia
sans the ellipsoid which I can read from an old fax.

After working with the well constructed USDA Nutritional data base I
assumed something better than what I got.