[OSRS-PROJ] SOM-A

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 21:19:07 EST 2004

There are about 15 pages of heavy math in PP1395 for
elliptical/spherical
earth and circular/noncircular orbit.  To start from scratch with this
material
there needs some research to be performed.  First of all, Simpson Rule
intergration goes out the window and kernel evaluation of the integrals
needs to be done.  Along with a lot of understanding of what John is
trying to say.  At the moment, each satellite appears to need some
computational intensive work to get series coefficients.  Thus, do you
want to do this for every usage or catalog new satellites to replace
(add to) the older selections?

It is beginning to look like a good project for some young stud looking
to make a good impression on his boss.