[Proj] Re: Help me program proj

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Sun Jul 11 09:06:00 EDT 2004

"albeba01 at katamail.com" wrote:

> Blank
> I am one student of the polytechnic of Milan.  Recently I have unloaded on
> situated www.remotesensing.org\proj the program "proj446 win32 bin.zip" that
> it allows me to pass from a DATUM NAD27 to a DATUM NAD83.  In this program
> they are contained of file.lla (the example:  conus.lla, FL.lla etc.); I
> wanted to know that type of rows is, like I have been produced and structured
> and the meant one of the numbers to the Distinguished inside of file.lla Sure
> of one the ready answer

You don't say why you want to do this. If you want to produce your own
datum shifting tables I would recommend the relatively well-documented
NTv2 format (readable by PROJ.4.4.7 and above) rather than the format
used in the .lla files. See http://www.stjohnspoint.co.uk/gis/france.htm
for some hints, especially the University of Melbourne GDAit links.

I am not saying that the format in the .lla files is not well
documented, just that I am not aware of it.