[Proj] -f arguments

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 20 16:06:30 EDT 2004

Marinos Charalampakis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to convert some UTM coordinates to decimal degrees. I used
> proj and worked, but the results are in DMS. I can't make the -f format
> work, under windows. Any suggestions?

Marinos,

It seems to work ok for me.  I tried something like this:

warmerda at gdal2200[138]% proj -f "%g" -I +proj=utm +zone=11 +datum=WGS84 << EOF
? 45000 1100000
? EOF
-121.147        9.92534

Make sure you use a valid format string.  Something like "%.12f" might be
appropriate if you want alot of precision.