[OSRS-PROJ] Roussilhe Oblique Stereographic

Gerald Evenden gerald.evenden at verizon.net
Thu Mar 11 13:53:12 EST 2004

 From Snyder's descsription in "Flattening the Earth" of Rousilhe's
projection
the equations given on pages 19 to 20 of "Map Projecrtion
Transformations----
Principles and Applications" (Yang, et al) appears to be the original
projection.
It is unclear to me what the purpose of the tmerc<-->Semi-Stereo
described
later in the same book and others.

Upon closer reading, I'll correct my earlier statement to: full forward
*and*
inverse material is included.  The only problem at the moment is that
some symbols are not defined and guesses need to fill in the blanks.
And, of course, the nasty habit of using the lower-case L as a symbol.
Currently working on retypesetting to American nomenclature/symbols.
(\phi, \lambda) not (B,l).

Hopefully, bench mark conversions can be located later.